Monday, April 20, 2009

I own every bell that tolls me

Strange dreams last night.

We were on a train hurtling through the countryside, and it looked like the countryside in the Philippines... rainforest-y and rice-paddied, alternatively. We were slaves and we were trying to escape, but some woman at the front was watching us. Finally we convinced everyone (I think there were four of us). We ran through the forest and over the hills and then the forest was Oregonian and we were hiding in a thicket surrounded by snow. One girl was left out and she came tunneling through the snow with a Bible in her hand because a verse told her where to dig through the snow, and we were all together.

Then it started over and we were back on the train like in the first part, but everything was different. One girl had to get up on the wall and be the clock, and I was annoyed that the motion of her hands as they counted the seconds conflicted with the other ticking clock. She couldn't see out the windows and we couldn't convince her to leave. No one wanted to, and somehow escape seemed impossible and everyone was watching us more closely. It was slipping away. Finally I ran away but no one came with me, and the forest changed again like before, but I was the one outside the snow, with Tala and a bunch of my friends inside. I was holding the verses and trying to follow the instructions to dig through, and I could hear the people inside, but I could never get it right, and so I just kept scooping the snow away with my hands. The wall never seemed to get smaller and I don't know if I ever got in.

In other news, we don't have a place to live for next year nailed down yet. Ha.. ha... ha.

1 comment:

  1. what an elaborate and unfortunately unpleasant dream. sounds somewhat exciting, though! *bright side*

    ReplyDelete