Saturday, March 21, 2009

Click Click


Home again, which is nice. Connections through Midway are much better than connections through Houston, because it takes like... two or three hours less time. I think I like going to school far away because it seems a little badass and because I'm different than the 90% of the student body that's from the Bay Area and getting to explore a new area, but fucking hell I wish I lived closer when it's time to finally take the flight home.

On landing, the woman next to me grabbed my arm and the girl next to her freaked out. People are wimps about turbulence. It's Chicago... of course it's windy.

Between Chicago and Columbus I ended up sitting next to the mother of a girl I went to middle school with (and kind of high school... that's complicated though). She gave me updates on all of her daughter's friends and all of the "people in my graduating class," which was awkward, because the people she told me about were pretty much just rich, white, annoying people who I was never friends with and never liked. Still interesting, I guess, but I kind of had to feign surprise and sympathy and excitement for people I didn't care about to keep things from getting awkward. Short flight, luckily.

I'm not sure how, but I stayed up until 3 AM (EST). That's about 40 hours. I read Kevin my paper and found some pretty bad errors... hope that doesn't hurt my grade.

I crawled into bed and slept until two in the afternoon. It was blackout sleep. Like, one second I was awake and it was night, and the next second it was afternoon already. So strange. I wanted to go for a bike ride or something today, and it's beautiful, but my body seems more inclined to just want to lie around and do nothing, which I guess is okay for a day.

1 comment:

  1. haha @ strangers touching you, i would've ripped out their hearts and stepped on them.

    ReplyDelete